I have been in the private villa rental business about four years now and have seen it grow from strength to strength.  This year the travel business in general, especially into Greece, appears to be down substantially from previous years.  Yet I see article after article about how private house hires are increasing.  This is attributed to two causes:  1) More people are discovering the accommodation alternative through the internet and 2) a family or group of friends can get superior facilities for less money than the traditional resort hotel.

In addition to my full service Paros site I am also an affiliate for VillaRenters with a separate web site for renting private houses anywhere in the world.  Take a look at http://www.GreekIslandTravelGuide.com 

AntiparosWindmillVilla

Last week I saw a press release from a competing company that really impressed me.  It featured a villa on our neighboring island of Antiparos.  (I have been blogging a lot about Antiparos lately.  Does that tell you how much I like it?)  So for the sake of journalistic fair play I will give a plug to the company.  After all this Windmill Villa accommodates up to 14 people and rents for a seasonal range of £8260 to £10,780 per week.

If your holiday budget is a little less than this then take a look at my villa page.  We range from 420 to 1,545 Euro per week.  The latter is the high season rate for 4 bedrooms, 2 baths at the beach accommodating up to 10 people.  It is a remodeled Greek farm house and includes broadband.

Don't procrastinate, however.  Despite the slowdown our high season is almost fully booked.  We have plenty of availability for June and September which is the best time to visit the Greek islands anyway.

See you soon!

P.S.  For a follow-up to our traditional kite flying on Clean Monday see Karin's photo essay on Picasa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Facebook me!

expatriate