My conversation with George Bush:

Me: Welcome to Aliki, Mr. Bush. (I know the correct address is Mr. President, but that is not what came out of my mouth.)
GB: Thank You. I am glad to be back.
Me: (As I shook his outreached hand) I am an American living here.
GB: I thought I detected a touch of accent there.

He smiled and walked on.

Karin greeting him as he walked along the road to our Piso Aliki beach.

So yesterday I read in the news that George and Barbara Bush were received in the Maximos Mansion (Greece equivalent of the White House) by Prime Minister Karamanlis at the start of their almost annual visit to the Greek islands. Today a big yacht sales past our beach and anchors off the Aliki harbour. The rest is history--which I will document sometime later with the other photos and videos I took.


This is the Latsis family yacht on which the Bushes and some of their grandchildren are island hopping.







Update: More photos and a short video at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ParosShepherd/GeorgeHWBushVisitsAliki

1 comments:

At June 12, 2008 4:49 AM Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I wasn't aware that you were following me on Twitter, what's your ID?

You're very lucky to have met Bush senior :]

 

Post a Comment


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Facebook me!

expatriate