When we walk along the beach Karin goes for the rocks and shells while I search through the assorted flotsam & jetsam paying special attention to the lines and gullies where the windblown debri ends up.

Monday I was rewarded with finding some unusually large floating rocks. It is quite common to find little finger nail size pieces of pumice-like stone along the tide line. These were big toe size pieces.



Aha, thought I. A new business endeavor: we can paint them in the shapes and colours of fish and sell pet rocks that swim! Write me if you are interested in being in on the ground floor of this business opportunity.

(The big, reddish one is a little low in the water but still floating.)

2 comments:

At March 18, 2006 1:40 PM Jerry Bowley said...

A first for me as well!

I think your marketing idea is brilliant, by the way... Let me know when you have some available, as we have 6 children who would love some of these "pets"!

 
At March 18, 2006 6:14 PM Louisiana said...

Wait a minute, i didn't know my Joe visited your blog...small world i tell you :)...anyways, he stole my thoughts...we do have 6 children who would love those pets and i myself would be in heaven with a turtle one...i have a thing for turtles...I'm serious pls let me know, we can do a e-bay thing ....good luck with this...

 

Post a Comment


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Facebook me!

expatriate