We were quite interested in the news articles about the hordes of cicadas emerging in parts of the US this week. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/nation/4820806.html

Update: For photos see Dana's Southern Gal Goes North blog.

These are on a 17 year cycle, others on 13 year cycles; both prime numbers so as to defeat their predators who can only divide by 3 and 5. O.K. so I've lost you; just read the original article.

Our Paros cicadas are the dumb ones; they come out every year. They fill our trees with their amorous decibels. As I grow more hard of hearing they bother me less. Still, it sometimes gets so irritating that I throw something into the nearest tree to be rewarded with about 20 seconds of quiet.

See, our life is not perfect.

Read more about work at home on the beach.

If you are a member of Blogazoo here is a Gazoo
If you are not yet a member; join here for blogging benefits.
Blogazoo

1 comments:

At May 28, 2007 6:22 PM Dana said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Here's the url...

www.southerngalgoesnorth.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Facebook me!

expatriate